This site was created as a way of thanking the many, many people who have pledged to donate money to buy cookies for the troops. If you would like to hear more about the story, here are some of the great articles written about it as well as a TV interview and radio spot.
Treats for Troops is very happy to have Steamfeed as one of our primary media sponsor. Formed by DJ Thistle and Daniel Hebert in August 2012, Steamfeed has taken the lead as a Social Media platform for those who are successful with (and passionate about) Social Media, but shun the idea of being called “guru’s and “experts”. Steamfeed authors are well known for their work in the #socialgood, working with Steamfeed in the launch of the very popular Monday night hashtag chat #SMRebelsHelp, which helps innovators, entrepreneurs and non-profits get the word out about what they do. Their combined influence and conversation will be a driving force in our show of support for our troops overseas.
Major News Articles(A complete list is to the right)
- Steamfeed: Social Media Fail – @GirlScouts Crush A Girl’s Social Good, Then Make It Worse!
- MSN: Cookie controversy looms as Girl Scouts celebrates first national cookie day
- CNET: Girl Scouts: No brownie points for PayPal-using cookie seller
- The Huffington Post: It’s Her Business, Let Her Run It: How The Girl Scouts Are Missing The Mark
- Forbes: Is The Girl Scouts Actively Discouraging Girls From Using Technology?
- CommonCents Mom: The Girl Scouts Social Media Fail
- CBS News: Off Beat Tech This Week